Innovations From TirupurMany people know Tirupur for its amazing textile industry. However, very few people are aware of the city's breath taking innovations from young minds. Being an industrial town with lots of scope for growth and development, Tirupur has contributed immensely to the welfare of the nation. In the next few lines, you will read about two unforgettable yet neglected inventions from Tirupur!
Eco Free Cab
In this modern era, it is quite impossible to lead a life without automobiles. From bicycles to cars to trucks to trains, road transport plays an intergral role in development of any country. Virtually every other mode of transport has a hybrid version. But, what about auto rickshaws? Do these poor employees have a hybrid means of saving money and fuel? Luckily, Sivaraj Muthuraman an innovator from Tirupur has produced hybrid auto rickshaws. He was the very first person to build a hybrid autorickshaw called "Eco Free Cab". The special gear runs on pedal power and solar battery. The invention is recorded in India's Book Of Records.
Here are few technicals stats about Sivaraj's invention:
- The hybrid auto rickshaw is a three seater vehicle.
- It is designed to travel upto 150 km per battery charge.
- The auto rickshaw hits a maximum speed of 45 km per hour.
- The hybrid vehicle was designed and built in two and a half years. It aims on improving the quality of life amidst auto rickshaw owners.
- Eco Free Cab is ideal for budget conscious buyers. The battery operated hybrid creation is just Rs. 80000.
An Art Called Recyling
Every day we tend to shed out tonnes and tonnes of wastes! May it be our homes, schools or offices, the presence of garbage is invincible. Conversely, students from Tirupur identified a sensational mechanism to convert wastes into productive items. For instance, they made organic manure from municipal waste and chalk powder from egg shells. The innovations were appreciated and supported by many administrative officials from Tirupur.
- The Chalk powder was made in two days from crushed egg shells, rice flour and adhesives.
- The Chalk utilizes the maximum presence of calcium content in eggs.
- Organic Manure was made of effective microbial solutions. The reaction used water and jaggery.
- Officially, the innovators made 5kg of useful manure from 50kg of waste!