Textile Exporters Association (TEA) in TirupurTirupur is Western Tamil Nadu's textile centre, which is towards the east of Coimbatore. Regarded as an export niche, the city maintains a macro economy with up-to-date technology. Buyers from more than 45 countries tend to flock towards Tirupur for its enticing knitwear technology. The city is also known as the "Town of Export Excellence" since early 2002.
History of Tirupur's Textile IndustryThe state's first factory started in Tirupur in 1925. With the introduction of electricity in 1931 in the city, weaving and knitting factories were introduced into the city. This was when knitting became famous in and around countries like New York, Japan and Germany. By 1942, nearly 34 hosiery units were established in the city. The number increased to 250 by 1968. Today there are 300 printing units, 4500 knitting units, 750 dyeing units and 100 embroidery units.
Interesting facts about Tirupur Textile IndustryIn 2005, China exported textiles worth 120 billion dollars from Tirupur. This was when India made a profit of 17 billion dollars that year. Tirupur presents nearly 90% of the country's knitwear (cotton) export. Tirupur moving through a revolutionary renovation, includes the creation of individual plants, development of civic infrastructure and the development of joint level facilities.
List of Textile Associations in Tirupur
- Tirupur Dyers Association
- Tirupur Export cloth Manufacturer’s Association
- Banyan cloth Manufacturer’s Association
- Computer Embroidery Association
- Coimbatore District Power Loom cloth Merchant’s Association
- Indian Hosiery Textile Association
- Tirupur Bleacher’s Association
- Tirupur Collar stitching Section Sangam
- Tirupur Cotton Merchant Association
- Tirupur Hosiery yarn Merchant’s Association
- Tirupur Kaja button owner’s Association
- Tirupur Merchants Association
- Tirupur Nero Tape Manufacturer’s Association
- Tirupur Power Table Owner’s Association
- Tirupur Screen Printing Association
- Tirupur Power loom Association
- Tirupur Steam Calendaring Association
Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA)The Tirupur Exporters Association was incepted in 1990. It is meant for cotton knitwear. The exclusive association monitors cotton knitwear production in the city. Currently, there are 532 lifetime members and 150 associate members in the organization. The organisation focuses on the following artefacts:
- It uplifts the quality of clothing production in Tirupur.
- TEA maintains the multilateral growth of knitwear export and import
- Implements schemes that would benefit the public and society
- Takes care of the infrastructural needs of cotton development in the City
- Promotes new schemes that uplift the life of common workers in Tirupur
Inland Container DepotThe Inland Container Depot controls the movement of cargo across different gateway ports. Tirupur Exports Association with LEMUR jointly runs the freight station in the city. The container terminal has being functional since 1995. Recently, it changed its name to Tirupur Container Corporation.
India Knit FairThe India Knit Fair is an annual event organized by TEA. The fair promotes the knitwear industry in the city. It helps suppliers and buyers learn more about the industry's prime requirements. The first Knit Fair was hosted in 1995. It was an event in collaboration with AEPC. Buyers from the European and American Market consider the knit fair a priceless moment. Currently, the event in hosted during different seasons. This includes a special Autumn - Winter fair during the month of September. And, the Summer Fair during the month of April.
Indian Institute of Foreign TradeTirupur Exporters Association is in joint MoU with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. The bond identifies the industry's key strengths and weaknesses. It is responsible for hosting many video conferences, on-line events and bidding sessions.
Also Read: Garment Manufacturers in Tirupur, Textile Mills in Tirupur, Tirupur Hosiery